Deer in a Day
24th September 2022 and 23rd October 2022
- Understanding the native breeds of deer in the UK
- How to skin and joint a venison carcass and primal cuts
- The process of hanging and its importance
- The similarities between venison joints and cuts to those of other animals
- Simple butchery techniques and knife skills
- How to seam butcher the venison haunch and saddle
- How to prepare venison shoulders and neck
- Curing and smoking meat – the basics
- How to produce awesome venison burgers
Each student will be able to take home a range of products they have produced throughout the day.
A two course lunch is included
£175pp (maximum 4 people)
Please contact us for details and booking
Tel. 01200 411095
Mobile 07714 092 089.
Dale house makes a conscious effort to reduce waste and packaging. Students are welcome to bring their own containers to transport their venison products home.